NEW! HotDog Prog w/crazy 8 keepers/waitlist Topic

Hot dogs are one of my favorite foods. I had to give them up a year ago for health reasons, so I am looking for any excuse I can find to have hot dogs. So, Sign me up!
1/20/2021 4:31 PM
But I have a question. How do you handle players who were on multiple teams in 1962? Can they be kept on two different teams?
1/20/2021 4:46 PM
Posted by firesalt on 1/20/2021 4:46:00 PM (view original):
But I have a question. How do you handle players who were on multiple teams in 1962? Can they be kept on two different teams?
Great question. I failed to address that in opening.

Players will be considered to belong whatever team they have most PA/IP with.
1/20/2021 5:11 PM
Yes and Thanks for joining!
1/20/2021 5:12 PM
Have a question if a player doesnt have a wis season in 62 but does play a few games example Granny Hamner played for A's if you wanted him as a hotdog and keeper would the season you pick for him be the keeper salary? Or is it something else
1/20/2021 10:08 PM
Posted by eman7400 on 1/20/2021 10:08:00 PM (view original):
Have a question if a player doesnt have a wis season in 62 but does play a few games example Granny Hamner played for A's if you wanted him as a hotdog and keeper would the season you pick for him be the keeper salary? Or is it something else
We should wait fo the commish to answer this question, but I think players who don't have enough PA/IP to make it into the sim would count as $200K as a keeper, and his wis salary for the year you use him as a hot dog would apply. But if I understand correctly, the hot dog salary would be irrelevant for purposes of draft order because we don't announce our hot dog until after the draft. Commish, let me know if this is wrong.
1/22/2021 12:50 PM
Sorry for not getting back sooner. Been a crazy work week but I have weekend off . I will update tomorrow
1/22/2021 7:36 PM
Posted by eman7400 on 1/20/2021 10:08:00 PM (view original):
Have a question if a player doesnt have a wis season in 62 but does play a few games example Granny Hamner played for A's if you wanted him as a hotdog and keeper would the season you pick for him be the keeper salary? Or is it something else
Thanks for bringing this up. I had not accounted for that scenario when coming up with this league.

After thinking about this here is what I came up with.

If you choose to make a player that appeared during the season one of your 8 keepers you are forfeiting your chance to wait until draft is over to name him as a Hot Dog player. That player would automatically be one of your Hot Dog players. You must decide which season you are using and his salary for that season would be used to determine your 8 player total for the draft order.
1/24/2021 8:42 AM
I'll play.
1/24/2021 11:35 AM
Posted by midknight on 1/24/2021 11:35:00 AM (view original):
I'll play.
Thanks man!

2 spots left
1/25/2021 11:40 AM
Posted by szczubelek on 1/24/2021 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by eman7400 on 1/20/2021 10:08:00 PM (view original):
Have a question if a player doesnt have a wis season in 62 but does play a few games example Granny Hamner played for A's if you wanted him as a hotdog and keeper would the season you pick for him be the keeper salary? Or is it something else
Thanks for bringing this up. I had not accounted for that scenario when coming up with this league.

After thinking about this here is what I came up with.

If you choose to make a player that appeared during the season one of your 8 keepers you are forfeiting your chance to wait until draft is over to name him as a Hot Dog player. That player would automatically be one of your Hot Dog players. You must decide which season you are using and his salary for that season would be used to determine your 8 player total for the draft order.
This ruling is fine with me, but it only applies for players who have WIS seasons prior to 1962. But this leaves two classes of players from being selected in the initial draft. (1) Rookies who did not compile enough PA/IP to make into the WIS database. Tony Oliva, for instance, cannot be a keeper on the Twins, although he did play for them in 1962. (2) Non-rookies who have yet to compile enough PA/IP to make it into the database. In this category is Al Downing, who had 9 IP in 1961 and 1 IP in 1962, but became a good pitcher in 1963. Players who have not had a WIS season yet cannot be a hot dog. But if a rule is enacted that allows each team to keep one player who does not have a WIS season (and thus cannot be a hot dog) and place him on IR for 1962, that would bring these players into the league with their original teams. Again, I am fine with whatever decision is made. I just want to make sure we have considered all the contingencies before the draft order has been set.
1/25/2021 2:55 PM
Posted by firesalt on 1/25/2021 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by szczubelek on 1/24/2021 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by eman7400 on 1/20/2021 10:08:00 PM (view original):
Have a question if a player doesnt have a wis season in 62 but does play a few games example Granny Hamner played for A's if you wanted him as a hotdog and keeper would the season you pick for him be the keeper salary? Or is it something else
Thanks for bringing this up. I had not accounted for that scenario when coming up with this league.

After thinking about this here is what I came up with.

If you choose to make a player that appeared during the season one of your 8 keepers you are forfeiting your chance to wait until draft is over to name him as a Hot Dog player. That player would automatically be one of your Hot Dog players. You must decide which season you are using and his salary for that season would be used to determine your 8 player total for the draft order.
This ruling is fine with me, but it only applies for players who have WIS seasons prior to 1962. But this leaves two classes of players from being selected in the initial draft. (1) Rookies who did not compile enough PA/IP to make into the WIS database. Tony Oliva, for instance, cannot be a keeper on the Twins, although he did play for them in 1962. (2) Non-rookies who have yet to compile enough PA/IP to make it into the database. In this category is Al Downing, who had 9 IP in 1961 and 1 IP in 1962, but became a good pitcher in 1963. Players who have not had a WIS season yet cannot be a hot dog. But if a rule is enacted that allows each team to keep one player who does not have a WIS season (and thus cannot be a hot dog) and place him on IR for 1962, that would bring these players into the league with their original teams. Again, I am fine with whatever decision is made. I just want to make sure we have considered all the contingencies before the draft order has been set.
In the original rules I allow for one player on IR. I will work on this a bit and come up with guidelines.

I appreciate all the questions and ideas. Now is the time to do it, not that we couldn’t make a change in the future.
1/25/2021 4:24 PM
I wonder if adding a additional keeper would be beneficial you could use f it as a hotdog keeper or for ir or you could eliminate the ir altogether making you use a hotdogs player in IR seasons whatever you do is fine just throwing out ideas
1/25/2021 5:20 PM
Bump
1/27/2021 1:58 PM
Im in
2/1/2021 9:43 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
NEW! HotDog Prog w/crazy 8 keepers/waitlist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.