9 solid owners - excited to see who else we get in
5/26/2021 9:14 AM
So, it starts with a draft right, so the franchise we pick is just for stadium correct?
5/29/2021 10:30 AM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 5/29/2021 10:30:00 AM (view original):
So, it starts with a draft right, so the franchise we pick is just for stadium correct?
Yes
5/29/2021 11:26 AM
While clearing off a very dusty old desk just now, I noticed a printout of Rounds 4-25 of the original CDL draft, from November 2005. Odd, in many ways. And obviously my wife is correct when she complains that I need to clean more often.
5/29/2021 5:11 PM
Posted by dannyjoe on 5/29/2021 5:11:00 PM (view original):
While clearing off a very dusty old desk just now, I noticed a printout of Rounds 4-25 of the original CDL draft, from November 2005. Odd, in many ways. And obviously my wife is correct when she complains that I need to clean more often.
Lol, nice!!
6/1/2021 10:40 PM
Plenty of room left. What are you waiting on?
6/1/2021 10:41 PM
I wonder if some people are holding off till after WISC?
6/5/2021 10:53 PM
I envisioned this idea as a league where you bid on every player, not just Free Agents. Rewarding teams that lose with the top picks doesn't have to be done if you have a bid system and ALL players, Free Agents and Rookies, are available to bid on. That is what is holding me back.
6/9/2021 8:12 AM
Posted by bheid408 on 6/9/2021 8:12:00 AM (view original):
I envisioned this idea as a league where you bid on every player, not just Free Agents. Rewarding teams that lose with the top picks doesn't have to be done if you have a bid system and ALL players, Free Agents and Rookies, are available to bid on. That is what is holding me back.
The problem with that is, if a team has a bad year, they won't be able to win any of the good players. So, they will continue to be bad.
6/10/2021 2:01 AM
Posted by epup1975 on 6/10/2021 2:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 6/9/2021 8:12:00 AM (view original):
I envisioned this idea as a league where you bid on every player, not just Free Agents. Rewarding teams that lose with the top picks doesn't have to be done if you have a bid system and ALL players, Free Agents and Rookies, are available to bid on. That is what is holding me back.
The problem with that is, if a team has a bad year, they won't be able to win any of the good players. So, they will continue to be bad.
Everyone can have the same amount of bid money or points to use for bidding. Why does a bad team continue to be bad under that system? Everyone would have a choice to make, regardless of bidding on Free Agents or Rookies. Build for the now or the future. Your choice. Attach a contract for 1 year or short term, the now, or 7 years, long term, the future. Again your choice.
If you have a bad year you are only going to stay bad if you tied up bad players long-term. Your choice.



6/10/2021 3:39 PM (edited)
Posted by bheid408 on 6/10/2021 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by epup1975 on 6/10/2021 2:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 6/9/2021 8:12:00 AM (view original):
I envisioned this idea as a league where you bid on every player, not just Free Agents. Rewarding teams that lose with the top picks doesn't have to be done if you have a bid system and ALL players, Free Agents and Rookies, are available to bid on. That is what is holding me back.
The problem with that is, if a team has a bad year, they won't be able to win any of the good players. So, they will continue to be bad.
Everyone can have the same amount of bid money or points to use for bidding. Why does a bad team continue to be bad under that system? Everyone would have a choice to make, regardless of bidding on Free Agents or Rookies. Build for the now or the future. Your choice. Attach a contract for 1 year or short term, the now, or 7 years, long term, the future. Again your choice.
If you have a bad year you are only going to stay bad if you tied up bad players long-term. Your choice.



This league rewards teams for winning during the F.A. bidding. Helps to prevent tanking for the top pick.
6/11/2021 2:52 PM (edited)
It's also nice that teams have an incentive to squeeze out as many wins as they can, to gain more free agent credits. It was loads of fun in the first incarnation of this league.
Epup did an amazing job handling the free agent bidding when this league was around before. People started putting in complicated contingency bids, and I don't remember him ever complaining. I don't know how he kept them straight, and kept it running in a timely fashion.
6/11/2021 5:44 PM
Posted by dannyjoe on 6/11/2021 5:44:00 PM (view original):
It's also nice that teams have an incentive to squeeze out as many wins as they can, to gain more free agent credits. It was loads of fun in the first incarnation of this league.
Epup did an amazing job handling the free agent bidding when this league was around before. People started putting in complicated contingency bids, and I don't remember him ever complaining. I don't know how he kept them straight, and kept it running in a timely fashion.
It helps I am a night owl, so I have time to go through all those bids & then re-check them all.
6/12/2021 1:38 AM
I would take the Milwaukee Brewers
6/16/2021 2:46 AM
Posted by tyates33 on 6/16/2021 2:46:00 AM (view original):
I would take the Milwaukee Brewers
All yours
6/16/2021 12:40 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.