I'd like to play.
7/19/2021 5:25 PM
In, but w/ one observation/comment;

If/when a team falls below the ever growing win floor, and never gets a top 4 picks to make themselves better, the owner will just walk away...


DBP
7/20/2021 12:49 PM
Posted by dilligafdbp on 7/20/2021 12:49:00 PM (view original):
In, but w/ one observation/comment;

If/when a team falls below the ever growing win floor, and never gets a top 4 picks to make themselves better, the owner will just walk away...


DBP
Thanks for joining!

I take your comment under advisement. The minimum win threshold can certainly be revised if necessary. The stated 50 win average works out to a 30% win ratio. I don’t think that’s a stretch but I’m flexible.

Last point - the win threshold is cumulative. So a 70 win season followed by a 30 win season would make the grade for the lottery.

Thanks again!
7/20/2021 1:00 PM
One final point...

Iffn I missed it, then I'm sorry, but I strongly believe the initial draft order and the HOF draft order should be 'opposite' (whomever gets the #1 initial draft spot should get the #16 HOF draft spot)...


DBP
7/20/2021 1:29 PM
Ok, thx...
7/20/2021 4:32 PM
I will sign up.
7/23/2021 12:57 PM
Count me in..... The 1970's and 40's are a good pair of decades to begin a new progressive league.
Also I like using the two ongoing roster spots for HOFers.
7/27/2021 11:05 AM
Posted by dnmachill on 7/27/2021 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Count me in..... The 1970's and 40's are a good pair of decades to begin a new progressive league.
Also I like using the two ongoing roster spots for HOFers.
Thanks for joining!
7/27/2021 11:19 AM
I might be interested.

How are ballparks selected? Are they drafted?
7/29/2021 5:42 PM (edited)
Posted by tedcogswell on 7/29/2021 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I might be interested.

How are ballparks selected? Are they drafted?
You pick your ballpark. The only request is that is pertinent to the era in play - so for the first season you need a ballpark in use in 1940 or 1970. Please let me know if you have any other questions and welcome aboard in advance.
7/29/2021 6:05 PM
Posted by sigblend on 7/29/2021 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tedcogswell on 7/29/2021 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I might be interested.

How are ballparks selected? Are they drafted?
You pick your ballpark. The only request is that is pertinent to the era in play - so for the first season you need a ballpark in use in 1940 or 1970. Please let me know if you have any other questions and welcome aboard in advance.
Is it one park per team? Or is it a free for all where there could end up being three Ebbets Field teams, etc? I think it would be more interesting if it were one team per park.
7/29/2021 6:13 PM
Posted by tedcogswell on 7/29/2021 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sigblend on 7/29/2021 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tedcogswell on 7/29/2021 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I might be interested.

How are ballparks selected? Are they drafted?
You pick your ballpark. The only request is that is pertinent to the era in play - so for the first season you need a ballpark in use in 1940 or 1970. Please let me know if you have any other questions and welcome aboard in advance.
Is it one park per team? Or is it a free for all where there could end up being three Ebbets Field teams, etc? I think it would be more interesting if it were one team per park.
There is no current rule that limits the use of ballparks to one team only. I think that is a good idea. I will put that in front of the league for a vote once we fill or get closer to filling. I don't think it would be right to decide that issue with the limited number of owners that we have now.
7/29/2021 6:26 PM
Posted by sigblend on 7/29/2021 6:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tedcogswell on 7/29/2021 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sigblend on 7/29/2021 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tedcogswell on 7/29/2021 5:42:00 PM (view original):
I might be interested.

How are ballparks selected? Are they drafted?
You pick your ballpark. The only request is that is pertinent to the era in play - so for the first season you need a ballpark in use in 1940 or 1970. Please let me know if you have any other questions and welcome aboard in advance.
Is it one park per team? Or is it a free for all where there could end up being three Ebbets Field teams, etc? I think it would be more interesting if it were one team per park.
There is no current rule that limits the use of ballparks to one team only. I think that is a good idea. I will put that in front of the league for a vote once we fill or get closer to filling. I don't think it would be right to decide that issue with the limited number of owners that we have now.
If my count is correct, 1940 and 1970 would give 32 different unique ballparks to choose from. So plenty to choose from in a 16 team league.

Count me in, I'd like to see how this works out.
7/29/2021 6:32 PM
Not happening?
8/3/2021 11:57 PM
Posted by tedcogswell on 8/3/2021 11:57:00 PM (view original):
Not happening?
It feels that way. Check your sitemail.
8/4/2021 6:41 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.