New - CFP League - Full / Waitlist Topic

Posted by NotOmarMinay on 9/12/2021 11:30:00 PM (view original):
Im in. mets
Thanks for joining! The franchises will be drafted so I can't guarantee you will get the Mets but you will have a shot to draft them.
9/13/2021 6:32 AM
Posted by royhobbs09 on 9/13/2021 1:50:00 AM (view original):
Deal me in please - love the free agency concept
Welcome! Thanks for joining.
9/13/2021 6:32 AM
Posted by BullMoose on 9/13/2021 2:51:00 AM (view original):
Am I right in my understanding that we will draft our franchise? I note an owner above wants in but said Mets....I don't think that is how it works but wanted to be sure.
Your understanding is correct. There will be a random draw for draft order of the franchises. The franchises as listed show the order of the player draft.
9/13/2021 6:34 AM
I had another idea, and while I know adding/changing rules after getting majority of owners can be tough/tricky, I thought I'd share. Im also not self-centered enough to think that the league should change in order to get me to play, butas someone who's played in and ran a lot of progressives, I do believe this would give a better short and long term experience:

What if when drafting teams, each owner then gets to protect/keep just 5 players. The rest of the team would then go into the player draft with all the players from the defunct franchises and the rookies.

This will still allow the top tier teams (reds, Mets, Orioles, etc) to have very good teams, but would also give other teams with a good core the opportunity to not start as far back and would imo add more incentive to to teams who will draft higher as you would see more talent in the draft pool.

Would give a much more balanced team off the start, and would still give you an element of RL with the 5 biggest names staying with that team.

Just thought I'd share!
9/13/2021 9:10 PM (edited)
Posted by chargingryno on 9/13/2021 9:10:00 PM (view original):
I had another idea, and while I know adding/changing rules after getting majority of owners can be tough/tricky, I thought I'd share. Im also not self-centered enough to think that the league should change in order to get me to play, butas someone who's played in and ran a lot of progressives, I do believe this would give a better short and long term experience:

What if when drafting teams, each owner then gets to protect/keep just 5 players. The rest of the team would then go into the player draft with all the players from the defunct franchises and the rookies.

This will still allow the top tier teams (reds, Mets, Orioles, etc) to have very good teams, but would also give other teams with a good core the opportunity to not start as far back and would imo add more incentive to to teams who will draft higher as you would see more talent in the draft pool.

Would give a much more balanced team off the start, and would still give you an element of RL with the 5 biggest names staying with that team.

Just thought I'd share!
As always I appreciate your thoughts. However, I am not willing to endorse this sort of change when 16 players are on board with the vision for the league that is already in place. At the same time I will say that I do not believe the idea for the league cannot be improved upon over time. I will always welcome feedback and proposals intended to make the league a better league.
9/14/2021 5:24 AM
I'm in!
9/14/2021 10:06 PM
Posted by Rapasmusky on 9/14/2021 10:06:00 PM (view original):
I'm in!
Thanks for joining! Welcome.
9/15/2021 6:22 AM
Ok...I'm in!
9/15/2021 6:42 PM
Why not add another progressive. Im in
9/15/2021 6:49 PM
I’m in!
9/15/2021 7:15 PM
Posted by garycr14 on 9/15/2021 6:42:00 PM (view original):
Ok...I'm in!
Great! Thanks for joining and welcome.
9/15/2021 8:20 PM
Posted by doctorwoo on 9/15/2021 6:49:00 PM (view original):
Why not add another progressive. Im in
Welcome! Thanks so much for joining.
9/15/2021 8:20 PM
Posted by poppapomp on 9/15/2021 7:15:00 PM (view original):
I’m in!
Come on in! Thanks for signing up.
9/15/2021 8:21 PM
Quick Question

We can cut rookies before the 5 years are up, correct?
9/18/2021 10:39 AM (edited)
Posted by fatguyrd on 9/18/2021 10:39:00 AM (view original):
Quick Question

We can cut rookies before the 5 years are up, correct?
Yes.
9/18/2021 11:12 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
New - CFP League - Full / Waitlist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.