NoBody Said It Would Be Easy Progressive League Topic

Posted by tedcogswell on 9/20/2021 8:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by garycr14 on 9/20/2021 12:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tedcogswell on 9/19/2021 7:05:00 PM (view original):
One thing I would like to propose however, is that I think a waiting period for drafting players already used in the league could be longer than 5 years. There's a lot of baseball history to choose from. Just a suggestion however, I'm in regardless.
Interesting that you mentioned this...originally it was planned that the players sit out for 10 seasons, but I thought that it might turn some owners off...I will be totally open to having a discussion, and vote on this once we get the league under way.
Ten is better, I was thinking 20, lol!

Whatever people want to do is cool with me, but that's my two cents.
I am concerned that many owners will shy away from a 20 season waiting period. I am interested in hear what the other owners feel...but that is a discussion I prefer to have after we get under way.
9/21/2021 1:04 AM
Yeah, I know that is probably too much for most, I'm just thinking out loud.

I hope this fills up. Seems like a fun idea.
9/21/2021 4:18 PM
Posted by tedcogswell on 9/21/2021 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I know that is probably too much for most, I'm just thinking out loud.

I hope this fills up. Seems like a fun idea.
Yes, I am hoping it fills too. I think it will be a progressive league, with a bit of an Open League feel....great opportunity to see all of your favorite players, playing at the same time!
9/23/2021 7:16 PM
I think the idea of seeing all of our favorite players squaring off against each other is probably why most of us started out with WIS.
It reminds me of those old Stratomatic ads. "YOU manage players like Babe Ruth and Willie Mays! YOU decide when to pinch hit for Ty Cobb! etc etc".
Well, probably not that last one, but this league gets to what I originally joined for more than the other progressives. Much as I'm hooked on them too.
9/27/2021 2:44 PM
Posted by garycr14 on 9/23/2021 7:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tedcogswell on 9/21/2021 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I know that is probably too much for most, I'm just thinking out loud.

I hope this fills up. Seems like a fun idea.
Yes, I am hoping it fills too. I think it will be a progressive league, with a bit of an Open League feel....great opportunity to see all of your favorite players, playing at the same time!
Any thought to going with a smaller league if it doesn't fill up? Maybe 16 teams?
9/27/2021 3:45 PM
Posted by tedcogswell on 9/27/2021 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by garycr14 on 9/23/2021 7:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tedcogswell on 9/21/2021 4:18:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I know that is probably too much for most, I'm just thinking out loud.

I hope this fills up. Seems like a fun idea.
Yes, I am hoping it fills too. I think it will be a progressive league, with a bit of an Open League feel....great opportunity to see all of your favorite players, playing at the same time!
Any thought to going with a smaller league if it doesn't fill up? Maybe 16 teams?
Yes, I have been thinking of options to get the league going which includes, 12, 16, or 29 team options...
9/28/2021 11:36 PM
Can always expand later.
9/29/2021 10:31 PM
Random thought that just came to me. Perhaps we should consider PA/IP minimums?

The reason I ask is because in year one, every player in the league is a rookie. You could stock your team with 25 guys going on to Hall of Fame or All-Star careers, but end up with, like, 2,000 PAs and 800 IP. That team could lose 150 games.

If we have PA/IP minimums, it would make drafting more strategic. Instead of just picking the guy with the highest career value every single round, I'll need to make sure that I balance that with guys who can play everyday right now.

Thoughts?
9/29/2021 10:37 PM
I've been thinking about it and if this league happens, instead of Cleveland, I'd rather put my team in my real life hometown ballpark. Please switch me from Cleveland Stadium to Safeco Field.
10/1/2021 7:37 PM
Posted by tedcogswell on 9/29/2021 10:37:00 PM (view original):
Random thought that just came to me. Perhaps we should consider PA/IP minimums?

The reason I ask is because in year one, every player in the league is a rookie. You could stock your team with 25 guys going on to Hall of Fame or All-Star careers, but end up with, like, 2,000 PAs and 800 IP. That team could lose 150 games.

If we have PA/IP minimums, it would make drafting more strategic. Instead of just picking the guy with the highest career value every single round, I'll need to make sure that I balance that with guys who can play everyday right now.

Thoughts?
Yes, every team will need to be able to field itself for the season...which is where the AAA part of the draft will come in.
10/3/2021 3:36 AM
Posted by tedcogswell on 10/1/2021 7:37:00 PM (view original):
I've been thinking about it and if this league happens, instead of Cleveland, I'd rather put my team in my real life hometown ballpark. Please switch me from Cleveland Stadium to Safeco Field.
Will do...
10/3/2021 3:36 AM
It's time to work on plan B...
10/11/2021 11:52 PM
Give this another look...
10/23/2021 5:44 PM
Sure
10/23/2021 7:54 PM
◂ Prev 123
NoBody Said It Would Be Easy Progressive League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.