New! Hired Gun Progressive! 1980 *FULL* Topic

I am interested but I have a couple of questions.

Will the three initial drafts be each position category, one at a time or can you pick any category?

As your players progress season by season do you get to keep even if they go to a different franchise?

How often do get to pick a hired gun ?

In any event, sign me up.


1/10/2023 5:10 PM
Posted by fatboydad54 on 1/10/2023 5:10:00 PM (view original):
I am interested but I have a couple of questions.

Will the three initial drafts be each position category, one at a time or can you pick any category?

As your players progress season by season do you get to keep even if they go to a different franchise?

How often do get to pick a hired gun ?

In any event, sign me up.


Pick any category you want.
you own your players for as long as you want them.
hired guns are every 10 years as listed
thx for joining!
1/10/2023 8:44 PM
I will join, sounds fun and different
1/12/2023 7:36 AM
I'm in
1/12/2023 10:55 AM
I'll play
1/13/2023 10:11 AM

QUESTION #1.... What Category Does the Designated Hitters Fall Into ???

Some are Only DH's... with NO other Position Listed ???
Some are DH/C/3B/OF ???
Some are DH/OF ???


QUESTION #2...
ALSO, If you Draft the Seattle Mariners say Outfields. Can You Keep them as say Keepers after the 80's and again into the 90's or into the 2000's? Or Do You Lose them and must Redraft them every 10yr's??? So what I'm really Asking is If you Keep the Mariners Outfielders as your Keeper Pick... You would then Get all Rookies again from the 90's as well as any 80's Outfielders as Keepers? Or do you have to Start over and redraft them again?



1/14/2023 9:30 PM (edited)
DHs are put into the position they most played before becoming a dh. In the theme league section, ive already got them listed where they will be.
If you draft Seattle OFers, you keep them always, they only thing you get every 10 years is another hired gun.
1/15/2023 1:16 AM
Since a few of my progressives are in 2017 or later, I am in.
1/17/2023 12:15 AM
I joined as of last month but am not on the list.
1/17/2023 11:06 AM
Oops, sorry!
1/17/2023 1:07 PM
For research, look under “Theme Leagues” ive put full rosters and upcoming rookies or a decade!
Making things easier for everyone to save people time and get more people in quicker since you wont have to spend so much time into research!
Ive probably got 60 hours of research in for everyone! Lol
Now no one has an excuse not to play!

Only 3 spots left!
1/17/2023 4:15 PM (edited)
fatguyrd has joined via smail, 2 spots to,go!
1/19/2023 8:53 PM
When I select my hired gun, he will be from 1970. Will he be 1971 next year?
Do my players automatically become the 1981 version of themselves next season, or do I keep the 1980 versions and just get the rookies for coming seasons.
1/21/2023 1:51 AM
Posted by rmarksduke on 1/21/2023 1:51:00 AM (view original):
When I select my hired gun, he will be from 1970. Will he be 1971 next year?
Do my players automatically become the 1981 version of themselves next season, or do I keep the 1980 versions and just get the rookies for coming seasons.
You can start him in any year of his career, then he, like all your other players, will progress 1 year at a time.
1/21/2023 6:24 AM
If I pick the Red Sox outfield, could I drop the 1980 Yaz and select the 1965 Yaz as my Hired Gun?
If I pick the Red Sox pitching, could I pick the Gary Peters (who is on the Red Sox 1970 roster) from 1963?
1/21/2023 6:51 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
New! Hired Gun Progressive! 1980 *FULL* Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.