2000 HISHBD League. Just one spot left!!! Topic

Will there be 12 NL teams & 12 AL teams from 2000 or will there be chance of having 13+ from either league?

DD
2/15/2023 6:28 PM
I’ll take the Reds.
AAA draft is anyone from the 8 teams not picked? Do I understand that right? They don’t have to be Reds players right?

Any thoughts of more AAA guys down the road?
In our current 2009 league pitching is starting to get real thin. I really utilize the AAA guys a lot.

2/15/2023 8:11 PM
Posted by quagmire9000 on 2/15/2023 8:11:00 PM (view original):
I’ll take the Reds.
AAA draft is anyone from the 8 teams not picked? Do I understand that right? They don’t have to be Reds players right?

Any thoughts of more AAA guys down the road?
In our current 2009 league pitching is starting to get real thin. I really utilize the AAA guys a lot.

Welcome!
Regarding AAA - Yes. In the first draft we will draft three rounds of players and three rounds of AAA from the eight teams not chosen and any jettisoned players by the incoming GMs who drop them from their "keepers".

I'm definitely open to expanding AAA after year 1. I think the fun of year one for all of us is truly inheriting and owning most of the team we pick.
2/15/2023 8:43 PM
Posted by DodgerDon on 2/15/2023 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Will there be 12 NL teams & 12 AL teams from 2000 or will there be chance of having 13+ from either league?

DD
That's what I'm hoping for. If it doesnt break that way, we can seek volunteers for one league or the other to join the other league to balance it out.
Maybe we should cap a league at 12 once we get 12 owners for said league and make remaining owners who join pick from the league that needs to be filled? IDK

Good news? So far we have four AL and five NL so we're trending in the right direction...
2/15/2023 8:46 PM
I'll take the Mariners.
2/16/2023 1:17 AM (edited)
Thanks for joining and welcome!
2/16/2023 7:25 AM
If we get close, and its allowed, I'll take a second team.
2/16/2023 8:30 AM
Posted by tigerpaw23 on 2/15/2023 8:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DodgerDon on 2/15/2023 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Will there be 12 NL teams & 12 AL teams from 2000 or will there be chance of having 13+ from either league?

DD
That's what I'm hoping for. If it doesnt break that way, we can seek volunteers for one league or the other to join the other league to balance it out.
Maybe we should cap a league at 12 once we get 12 owners for said league and make remaining owners who join pick from the league that needs to be filled? IDK

Good news? So far we have four AL and five NL so we're trending in the right direction...
I support capping a league once we get 12. Force any new owners to pick from the other league.
2/17/2023 9:59 PM
I'll take the braves
2/19/2023 5:45 PM
Welcome gds46016 The Braves are yours.
Feel free to encourage others.
2/19/2023 7:04 PM
bump
2/24/2023 8:43 AM
I like rebuilding a bad team, so I'd like to take a team that would have a high initial draft pick, Will the initial draft be in reverse order of real-life 2000 standings?

If the answer is yes, I'll take the Phillies.
2/26/2023 8:09 AM (edited)
Im going to request a switch from Montreal to NY Mets.

thx,

DD
2/26/2023 11:22 AM
Welcome!
2/27/2023 11:28 AM
Posted by chrisekeedei on 2/26/2023 8:09:00 AM (view original):
I like rebuilding a bad team, so I'd like to take a team that would have a high initial draft pick, Will the initial draft be in reverse order of real-life 2000 standings?

If the answer is yes, I'll take the Phillies.
I like that idea. so... Yes! and welcome!
2/27/2023 11:30 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
2000 HISHBD League. Just one spot left!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.