2000 HISHBD League. Just one spot left!!! Topic

Ill Take the discarded Expos, I love Vlad! (You show DodgerDon switched to Mets but dont have Mets listed in Div yet by the way.

question, so each season we draft from all rookies regardless of who they played for correct?
3/4/2023 9:41 AM (edited)
Posted by tigerpaw23 on 2/27/2023 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chrisekeedei on 2/26/2023 8:09:00 AM (view original):
I like rebuilding a bad team, so I'd like to take a team that would have a high initial draft pick, Will the initial draft be in reverse order of real-life 2000 standings?

If the answer is yes, I'll take the Phillies.
I like that idea. so... Yes! and welcome!
If we are starting in the year 2000 wouldn't the standings of year 1 dictate the draft order?

I want to roll with Houston
3/4/2023 5:10 PM
Welcome everyone. Youre in!
3/5/2023 11:23 PM
Posted by Kaboom1969 on 3/4/2023 9:41:00 AM (view original):
Ill Take the discarded Expos, I love Vlad! (You show DodgerDon switched to Mets but dont have Mets listed in Div yet by the way.

question, so each season we draft from all rookies regardless of who they played for correct?
Yes. Beginning with 2001 season you draft all available players not on anyones “keeper” roster
3/5/2023 11:35 PM
Couple updates - The essence of the league is to start your franchise with the roster that was entering the 2000 season, and in the first draft, draft three players from other teams of the 2000 season that went unclaimed. The 2001 draft would be a typical progressive league draft with any and all rookies, any and all veterans not drafted in the 2000 season, and all players dropped from rosters after our 2000 season is completed.

The 2000 draft - and only the 2000 draft - is limited to three rounds so that we are all using 22 players plus 4 AAA minor leagues who played for your franchise during the 2000 season, and three drafted players.

A potential owner sitemailed and asked about players acquired in the middle of the 2000 season and if they are eligible for the 2000 team he/she picks. At this point I am leaning against that. For example, if your team in real life acquired a player in July 2000, he would not be eligble for your 2000 roster. However, if five or more owners feel strongly about this, I will bring it to a vote and we can decide that together. 14 votes of our 24 owners would be needed to override this or any subsequent ruling by the commissioners office. : )
3/6/2023 7:52 AM
If its allowed, I'll take a second team to move this along. Toronto Blue Jays
3/7/2023 10:26 AM
I'm in. I will take Cleveland.
3/8/2023 12:25 AM
Welcome.
3/8/2023 6:54 AM
I'll take Baltimore
3/8/2023 8:19 AM (edited)
Marlins plz
3/8/2023 9:33 AM
I like giving away money. I'm in with the pirates
3/8/2023 9:37 AM
I'll take the Cubies!
3/8/2023 11:39 AM
With Marlins, Pirates, Cubs, the N.L. Would appear to be full.
3/8/2023 2:11 PM
Welcome everyone, yes, the NL is closed. We need three owners to take the plunge with an AL team.
3/8/2023 2:52 PM
I will move to the NL West to balance off the division’s geographically.

Deciding on Colorado or San Diego.

3/8/2023 8:45 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
2000 HISHBD League. Just one spot left!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.