The Ultimate Progressive - Full Topic

Posted by Disco Dogs on 6/13/2023 2:22:00 PM (view original):
KC for now
What happens to split season players?
Thanks for joining!

Split season players go into the inaugural draft pool
6/13/2023 2:23 PM
Ill take Texas, this can replace the team im losing with a league thats ending.

Ouch, just looked and I lose most of my starting staff with split seasons lol.
6/13/2023 3:17 PM (edited)
Posted by Kaboom1969 on 6/13/2023 3:17:00 PM (view original):
Ill take Texas, this can replace the team im losing with a league thats ending.

Ouch, just looked and I lose most of my starting staff with split seasons lol.
Welcome aboard and thanks!
6/13/2023 4:13 PM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 6/14/2023 12:21:00 AM (view original):
Got a question.
If I have a guy playing for me in 85, 86, 87 then starts the year for me in 88 but is traded mid season, is he still on my team in 88? Or does he become a free agent before a split season occurs? Thanks

Also, same for rookies, a guy comes up for me, but gets traded mid season, do I get him, then have to pay a draft pick to keep him after the season?
I am not 100% sure I follow your question. I believe you are asking about a player's real life career vs. the league and I will answer from that point of view.

You have Player A in 1985. That player's rights belong to you as long as you like. However, if Player A became a free agent in real life in 1988 then he would be a free agent in the league that year as well. You would then have the ability to retain that player as a free agent by using one of your draft picks. The same would apply to Rookie Player A. You can keep that player as long as you like until or unless they enter free agency in the real world.

Does this info help?
6/14/2023 6:04 AM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 6/14/2023 11:10:00 AM (view original):
I understand this , just wondering when it happens.
For example: Say I own Reggie Jackson, he plays for me in 85, 86 and starts the season for me in 87 but is traded mid season in 87.
Does he become a free agent before his split season in 1987 or after that season?
Guess im just trying to narrow down when i’ll need to give up a pick to keep him (Before which season)
Reggie Jackson was a MLB free agent in 1987. The league will use that year for him regardless of real life trades or in league trades. So, Jackson would be a free agent for the 1987 league draft.
6/14/2023 11:16 AM
Are we going to have 6/4 AAA in addition to the 8 that we are going to draft ?
6/14/2023 11:42 AM
Posted by grayfoxx on 6/14/2023 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Are we going to have 6/4 AAA in addition to the 8 that we are going to draft ?
No. That was a mistake on my part. I wrote 33 roster spots and also wrote 6 & 4 AAA. We will put it to a vote prior to the first draft.

6&4 AAA or 6&2 AAA
6/14/2023 2:31 PM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 6/14/2023 11:10:00 AM (view original):
I understand this , just wondering when it happens.
For example: Say I own Reggie Jackson, he plays for me in 85, 86 and starts the season for me in 87 but is traded mid season in 87.
Does he become a free agent before his split season in 1987 or after that season?
Guess im just trying to narrow down when i’ll need to give up a pick to keep him (Before which season)
The split season rule only affects players in 1985. After that, they follow normal progressive league rules.
6/14/2023 3:16 PM
Posted by epup1975 on 6/14/2023 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Disco Dogs on 6/14/2023 11:10:00 AM (view original):
I understand this , just wondering when it happens.
For example: Say I own Reggie Jackson, he plays for me in 85, 86 and starts the season for me in 87 but is traded mid season in 87.
Does he become a free agent before his split season in 1987 or after that season?
Guess im just trying to narrow down when i’ll need to give up a pick to keep him (Before which season)
The split season rule only affects players in 1985. After that, they follow normal progressive league rules.
What he said
6/14/2023 6:19 PM
Don’t think you guys are getting what im asking. Reggie was a made up scenario, I didnt even look him up to see when he was a free agent, just used his name.
The split season thing dosent matter, I get that, but if I have a player for a couple seasons, then he starts the next season with my team, but leaves mid season, in real life, which by your rules will make him a free agent. Also via your rules I will need to give up a draft pick to keep him, just trying to see if I will need to give up that draft pick before the split season, even though he starts the season with me and has been with me prior, or after that split season, as thats his first full season away? Thanks guys
6/15/2023 6:50 AM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 6/15/2023 6:52:00 AM (view original):
Don’t think you guys are getting what im asking. Reggie was a made up scenario, I didnt even look him up to see when he was a free agent, just used his name.
The split season thing dosent matter, I get that, but if I have a player for a couple seasons, then he starts the next season with my team, but leaves mid season, in real life, which by your rules will make him a free agent. Also via your rules I will need to give up a draft pick to keep him, just trying to see if I will need to give up that draft pick before the split season, even though he starts the season with me and has been with me prior, or after that split season, as thats his first full season away? Thanks guys
Oh ok, I think I know what you are asking. What happens if a player gets DFA in real life mid-season & opts out. In real life, he becomes a free agent. The league rules don't say what happens to that player.
6/15/2023 7:38 AM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 6/15/2023 6:52:00 AM (view original):
Don’t think you guys are getting what im asking. Reggie was a made up scenario, I didnt even look him up to see when he was a free agent, just used his name.
The split season thing dosent matter, I get that, but if I have a player for a couple seasons, then he starts the next season with my team, but leaves mid season, in real life, which by your rules will make him a free agent. Also via your rules I will need to give up a draft pick to keep him, just trying to see if I will need to give up that draft pick before the split season, even though he starts the season with me and has been with me prior, or after that split season, as thats his first full season away? Thanks guys
The only time a player will be a Free Agent is when they appear on a free agent list in the league forum. A player having a split season does not make them a free agent.

Once a player is on your team you have access to them for the entire season of play just like any other progressive - regardless of real life. The only time you would give up a draft pick to retain a free agent is in the offseason / pre-draft time frame.
6/15/2023 8:00 AM
Awesome, thanks!
6/15/2023 3:12 PM
4 spots left, Lets Go!
6/15/2023 3:14 PM
Ok, I'll take the Reds
6/15/2023 8:32 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
The Ultimate Progressive - Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.