Posted by tribe_fan_09 on 11/27/2023 6:52:00 PM (view original):
i am in, but I would prefer we lose only one first rounder in the future franchise rookie rule.
I think that the two first rounders is a crucial component. Because, if you're the 1968 Mets and you are placing at, say, pick #12, you claim Nolan Ryan and are getting someone who otherwise be the #1 pick. There should be a price to pay for that And the no additional claim in your second forfeit year helps keep things from getting out of control as well. That same Mets team wouldn't even be able to claim Ryan if they claimed Tom Seaver in '67. This allows for some real life flavor for the best players in the game without completely draining every draft of its marquee stars.
11/27/2023 7:20 PM (edited)
Well said again, changes your strategies, who to keep, when to feel froggy and jump.....
11/27/2023 7:06 PM
Confirming I'm in.
11/27/2023 7:32 PM
10 confirmed plus one waitlist owner, 11 total.
11/27/2023 7:38 PM
Confirm
11/27/2023 8:18 PM
Posted by tedcogswell on 11/27/2023 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tribe_fan_09 on 11/27/2023 6:52:00 PM (view original):
i am in, but I would prefer we lose only one first rounder in the future franchise rookie rule.
I think that the two first rounders is a crucial component. Because, if you're the 1968 Mets and you are placing at, say, pick #12, you claim Nolan Ryan and are getting someone who otherwise be the #1 pick. There should be a price to pay for that And the no additional claim in your second forfeit year helps keep things from getting out of control as well. That same Mets team wouldn't even be able to claim Ryan if they claimed Tom Seaver in '67. This allows for some real life flavor for the best players in the game without completely draining every draft of its marquee stars.
Well said
11/27/2023 8:25 PM
Divisional Alignment

AL EAST


Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
Cleveland Indians
New York Yankees

AL WEST

Chicago White Sox
Detroit Tigers
Kansas City Athletics
Minnesota Twins

NL EAST

Chicago Cubs
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals

NL WEST

Cincinnati Reds
Los Angeles Dodgers
Milwaukee Braves
San Francisco Giants
11/27/2023 10:30 PM (edited)
11 confirmed plus one waitlist owner, 12 total.
11/27/2023 9:22 PM
I’m in
11/27/2023 11:31 PM
12 confirmed plus one waitlist owner, 13 total.
11/27/2023 11:41 PM
Still in
11/28/2023 6:49 AM
I've sitemailed the last three to see if they're in or not and got a league forum set up. I'll be adding you all to it later today.
11/28/2023 1:10 PM
Still having issues with SM. No, I won’t be joining after all.
11/28/2023 1:12 PM
Thanks for letting us know.
11/28/2023 1:14 PM
benfc moves off the waitlist and into the league!
11/28/2023 1:15 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.