Dead Ball Era Progressive Lg 1901 (Full) Topic

Everyone else might disagree, so please disregard if so, but personally, I'd be fine with a 12 team league if it is too difficult to recruit 16. There wouldn't be an extra round of playoffs with two six team leagues but the rosters would need less AAA. I'm in another league that size and I've been enjoying it, ,
5/24/2024 9:41 PM
I am definitely open to that….whatever it takes to fill it up. Also, if people would prefer progressing one season at a time instead of two, a 12 team league would be more feasible. I’m in Vegas at the moment but when I get back home I will poll the owners and see if either or both of these possible changes would be beneficial.
5/24/2024 10:16 PM (edited)
I like the one season at a time/12 team option. The one thing I'm not crazy about with dual season progs is how short some players careers end up being and missing out on other seasons from their prime.
5/24/2024 11:30 PM
Agree with bingo, 1 season/12 teams
5/28/2024 11:24 AM
From the feedback I've received so far, 12 teams is 100% approved so far...a few haven't responded yet. So far only one would prefer to stay at 2 seasons at a time but it wasn't a dealbreaker either way for him. I'm going try to give the few who've yet to respond a little longer and then we'll finalize the adjustments.
5/28/2024 2:07 PM
Im fine with it
5/28/2024 3:23 PM
I didn't reply to the sitemail but my thoughts are already here. I'm up for anything you decide, just wanna see it fill up.
5/28/2024 6:08 PM
I’d take a team please
5/29/2024 2:08 PM
I’d take a team please
5/29/2024 2:09 PM
I echo your thoughts fabulous

5/29/2024 3:39 PM
Looking good.
5/29/2024 4:31 PM
Posted by fabulous on 5/29/2024 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Need a clarification before I decide to join. There are around 235 position players and 115 pitchers (a good number having high IPs) in 1901 WIS database. With 12 teams, each team could draft 29 players (25 keepers and 4 AAA). I do not like stacking 200K players and I especially dislike fictional players on rosters.
Could you all live with 29 man rosters?
Yes if we have enough for full rosters + 4 AAA real players then I am good with it. I must have made an error as I was thinking there was only enough players for each team to have 23 players. Pending confirmation that there are enough players and PA/IP’s to provide adequate depth then that’s fine with me. Would love to have you!
5/29/2024 8:29 PM
Sorry, but my math is bad - I did not consider the duplicate names in 1901 database
5/29/2024 9:26 PM
I rechecked my math and visited with fab and there aren’t enough players available to fill 25 man rosters. The good news is there are a lot of high IP pitchers who can effectively count as two starting pitchers in one player. I have the data on my office computer as far as the total PA’s and IP’s…..tomorrow I will look it up and see where we would stand without AAA. One of the reasons for progressing two seasons at a time is because it will give you more quantity to work with vs a single season.
5/30/2024 10:32 AM (edited)
Hitters
  • 190 total hitters
  • 89,496 PA's
  • 7458 PA/Team at 12 teams

Pitchers
  • 92 total pitchers
  • 21,998 IP's
  • 1833 PA/Team at 12 teams

282 total players = 23.5 players/team

If we don't use AAA, we would need to fill those last 18 spots with 200K scrubs. I would say that we would need to pick the worst of the worst and require that they be set to "rest" all season where the SIM only plays them in an emergency situation.
5/30/2024 11:32 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Dead Ball Era Progressive Lg 1901 (Full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.