This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
With the focus appearing to be making this game more like real-life baseball, they took away a players ability to train hard and comeback stronger and better from before the injury. So if we are trying to make this RLHBD (real-life hardball dynasty) then why can’t a player be better than pre- injury or pre-projections? This was a non-fix in my opinion.
9/15/2026 10:28 AM
On the long term injuries that span a season, and the fact you have to re-add them to the IR at the beginning of the next season…
‘Does the 10 day vs the 60 day IL matter to how big their recovery is?

if they had a 200 day injury last year but only have ten days left, do you still have to add them to the 60 to get the full recovery bump?
9/15/2026 12:55 PM
Think https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=13385335 will be a good test case. Was 97 health pre injury, team had $20M medical and training budget. 200 day injury that will span a season. Had 8 pt overall ratings drop.
9/15/2026 12:58 PM
I know many owners were up in arms about the "injury bug," but I wasn't one of them. I thought the old system was okay; no complaints. People complain about the number of injuries, but it's seldom pointed out that we only get a fraction of the number of injuries that real MLB teams get. For example, the team I root for, the SF Giants, currently have 16 players on the 60-day DL! Can you imagine if WIS tried to emulate that in HBD?

Anyway, the new system seems fair and all, but I don't think it was necessary.
9/15/2026 6:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
If the new regime is so focused on making the game “realistic”, what comes next? Players getting arrested for DUIs and domestic violence? Maybe we should be forced to watch a bunch of ads for beer and gambling companies before we pull up our box scores. And if they really want to be like real life, some of the players should probably die once in a while. Injury cycles can’t fix that one.
9/16/2026 12:17 AM
i don't think it's cool that the injury thing changed without notice or discussion. i don't think it was mentioned as happening in the near future either with the last update. I wouldn't have put two guys on the 60 day if they weren't going to get two bumps. So now they won't even get one bump since the update prevents increase over where they were at, and they will just sit there for longer than needed. That wouldn't have happened with proper notice or with change of season.

Also, I think the salary cap/budget should be raised accordingly with making 26 man bl rosters. That roster addition was about players making more money, so the budget total should go up at least a million.

9/16/2026 1:21 AM
Another thing that is not helpful in the change is this vague 6 to 10 weeks type injury notice. Well that certainly hurts your longterm planning not only in terms of not knowing if you will get him in time for a certain series but also who you might bring up to fill the spot due to playing time or position needs. There are all sorts of variables that the vagueness just makes worse.
9/16/2026 4:19 AM
Injury fix should have been simple. Just have everyone always return to their previous ratings after injury recovery. Make medical budget and health/makeup ratings influence the frequency and length of an injury but not the recovery. If the difference between 10 medical and 20 medical was an extra month missed it would still be a significant consideration.
9/16/2026 10:25 AM
Someone who knows coding, tell me if I'm full of crap here.

This "improved injury logic" - again, I'm not sure I have any right to suggest this - almost looks to me like they can't rewrite injuries totally without rewriting the game and player development models. So this is only a mod of the timing of recovery events.

If I read the update post correctly, this is attempting to fix the outstanding issue of timing of an injury during a season having a direct effect on possible recovery. I am not sure that this update is addressing any of the other complaints that owners have had about injuries - only recovery.

Furthermore it seems that the "Injury Bug" is now dead and gone.

Of note - this one line buried in the post: "A new, more generous recovery formula is in place." That will remain to be seen.


9/16/2026 11:31 AM (edited)
Doesn’t make me too sad that folks abusing the system now have to keep players on the dl longer lol

glad they went fast with this, so current injured players get the benefit
9/16/2026 4:36 PM
Posted by damag on 9/16/2026 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Someone who knows coding, tell me if I'm full of crap here.

This "improved injury logic" - again, I'm not sure I have any right to suggest this - almost looks to me like they can't rewrite injuries totally without rewriting the game and player development models. So this is only a mod of the timing of recovery events.

If I read the update post correctly, this is attempting to fix the outstanding issue of timing of an injury during a season having a direct effect on possible recovery. I am not sure that this update is addressing any of the other complaints that owners have had about injuries - only recovery.

Furthermore it seems that the "Injury Bug" is now dead and gone.

Of note - this one line buried in the post: "A new, more generous recovery formula is in place." That will remain to be seen.


I will say that the “more generous recovery formula” may be a real thing. I just had a player recover after being injured in the first game of the playoffs. He made a full recovery, which was a pleasant surprise.

I’m still annoyed about the 60 day bug going away. But it’s possible the overall injury recovery picture may be better than it first appeared.
9/16/2026 4:58 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.