1-3-5-7-9 Expansion Edition Draft Thread Topic

2020 Angels
10/7/2026 10:52 AM
via proxy, bbondsmvp selects 2004 Colorado Rockies
10/7/2026 10:52 AM
I'm old enough to remember when this draft started
10/7/2026 12:31 PM
unless the 1906 Cubs are drafted, I will pick last next round...

2001 Mariners
10/7/2026 12:32 PM
Unbelievable.

That was my choice and I've been waiting to post it. be back in a bit...

10/7/2026 12:38 PM
Posted by ff09 on 10/7/2026 12:32:00 PM (view original):
unless the 1906 Cubs are drafted, I will pick last next round...

2001 Mariners
Of course, the 2001 Mariners are an answer to a trivia question...

Which teams (in each of the four major U.S. sports) have accumulated the most regular season wins and yet fail to win the Championship.
  • MLB: 2001 Seattle Mariners (116–46) and 1906 Chicago Cubs (116–36) — Both tied the all-time Major League Baseball record for regular-season wins (a .716 and .763 win percentage, respectively), but the Mariners lost in the ALCS to the Yankees and the Cubs lost the World Series to the Chicago White Sox.
  • NFL: 2007 New England Patriots (16–0 regular season) — The only team in NFL history to complete a 16-game regular season undefeated, they swept through the AFC playoffs before losing to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII.
  • NHL: 2022–23 Boston Bruins (65–12–5, 135 points) — Set the NHL records for both the most regular-season wins (65) and points (135), but suffered a stunning first-round upset against the Florida Panthers
  • NBA: 2015–16 Golden State Warriors (73–9) — Shattered the single-season wins record, surpassing the 1995–96 Chicago Bulls (72–10), but blew a 3–1 lead to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals.
10/7/2026 12:47 PM
The rules state 1961-2026. Does that mean we can draft 2026 teams even though players aren't yet released?
10/7/2026 12:47 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/7/2026 12:47:00 PM (view original):
The rules state 1961-2026. Does that mean we can draft 2026 teams even though players aren't yet released?
Yes, you can draft 2026 teams. Of course, I expected 2026 to be released by now. But there is no reason you can't draft a 2026 team (sight unseen).
10/7/2026 12:49 PM

Okay...we'll go with the 1999 New York Mets

10/7/2026 1:16 PM
I will post the round 4 schedule as soon as njbigwig finishes up round 3.
10/7/2026 1:20 PM
Only had to wait for 45 picks between picks...

1982 Brewers
10/7/2026 1:35 PM
2001 Texas Rangers
10/7/2026 2:34 PM
1998 Astros

Can I get site mail help?
10/7/2026 2:47 PM
1988 NY Mets
10/7/2026 3:20 PM
With this pick, I have 8 positions filled with a total of 241 HRs

2009 Milwaukee Brewers
10/7/2026 3:29 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
1-3-5-7-9 Expansion Edition Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2026 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.