Epic.Collapse.Just.Brutal. Topic

A week ago, in Bilfert's 140 million Franchise twist league, I happily sat, comfortablly, in first place, with an 83-60 record.  All of my players felt good and were 100%.

Then, some crazy Swine Flu/Locus/Malaria/Herpes struck the team.

Today, I was eliminated from the playoffs, with an 83-78 record.

Still with an .578% expected win pct.

How does one cope with such a loss?
1/23/2011 5:45 PM
Wow.   What were the losses like?  I assume with your exp pct being so high you weren't being blown out.  How many one-run/extra inning losses in that streak?
1/23/2011 5:52 PM
83-78 ?  .... rainout ?
1/23/2011 6:38 PM
I assume his 162nd game was played at 6PM today, but that he was mathematically eliminated in today's 1PM game.

That's an astonishing losing streak....I don't think I've seen one quite like that before by a team that had as good a record as yours - never mind in the season's final weeks.
1/23/2011 6:46 PM
12 of the game were by two runs or less.  Only one of them was out of hand.....12-0, in the middle of the streak.

Three extra inning games.  Only 1 '90 Eck blown save in the whole bunch.   Rollie Fingers blew two saves, but one of them was also in the Eck game.  Andrew Bailey also added in a pair.  But, I think Eck was the only one who blew the save and took the loss, so my team usually still had another chance to either stay in it, or win it.

The team finished 5th in team era.  The league average for team blown saves was 17, and this team had 14, so they were slightly ahead of the pack there.  And a few of them came in the same game.

And the sim decided to give me one last kick in the junk, as they won the last game of the season......ugggg......
1/23/2011 7:19 PM
I have to admit once the streak hit 10, it was the 1st thing I looked at when I logged on! It was kinda funny since it wasn't me. It was unreal!!!
1/23/2011 7:22 PM
You might want to call Gene Mauch in heaven and let him know his 1964 Phillies collapse has been relagated to second place.
1/25/2011 10:57 AM
Epic.Collapse.Just.Brutal. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.