no word on earlier EE announcement, months passed Topic

was it fake news?
2/11/2017 4:09 AM
Posted by mamxet on 2/11/2017 4:09:00 AM (view original):
was it fake news?
Lol!
2/11/2017 4:13 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mamxet on 2/11/2017 4:09:00 AM (view original):
was it fake news?
Yeah I think it was announced back in November?
2/11/2017 10:49 AM
Spud, your ignoring that they said they would do earlier EE announcements months ago and they haven't done anything.
2/11/2017 10:50 AM
Looks like Spud woke up from his nap. Darn.
2/11/2017 10:52 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/11/2017 10:56:00 AM (view original):
"I'm not ignoring that at all."

I should have bet the next comment after mine would be a stupid one. Darn, I would have won. I could even have bet who it would be. Darn, I would have won that one, too.

I'll bet there are more stupid comments coming, from the same poster ...
Spudded again!

Darn.
2/11/2017 11:10 AM
The word spudded will now take the place of trolled on urbandictionary.com
2/11/2017 7:11 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/11/2017 10:56:00 AM (view original):
"I'm not ignoring that at all."

I should have bet the next comment after mine would be a stupid one. Darn, I would have won. I could even have bet who it would be. Darn, I would have won that one, too.

I'll bet there are more stupid comments coming, from the same poster ...
Spud reminds me of Farva from Super Troopers -

2/11/2017 8:55 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/11/2017 10:48:00 AM (view original):
The EE's are being spread out, exactly as predicted. Situations of multiple EE's are declining, exactly as predicted. Coaches of high D1 teams are learning to deal with it, exactly as predicted. Whining about EE's is in decline, but to some degree will always continue no matter what. They don't need to do anything further, which I bet was exactly as expected.
Another jackass statement with no proof (exactly as the rest of the forums predicted). In Smith, EEs are just as bunched up now as in previous version with multiple teams risking 3 EEs at the end of the season.

Go back to your hole Spud.
2/12/2017 6:41 AM
and we're still getting hit with surprise EEs that you can't plan for (likely staying goes EE, off the board goes EE). there is no way to strategize for that in the current system.

i totally advocated for giving it a few seasons to see how it shook out. we have. it's still an issue. even worse for coaching changes. part of the problem is that EEs aren't really getting spread out too much more...they are somewhat...but not completely. so what's happening more is less parity (which we expected) and more boom-and-bust teams. you have teams win the NT, get slaughtered with EEs which they can't replace, and then they're just terrible the next season. you have teams make a deep run, lose a ton of EEs, the coach quits, and then that team is buried for several seasons. i think this is an issue, personally.
2/12/2017 8:21 AM (edited)
I think the odds of signing, the incomplete view of the pool of players is already challenging. I had a bad streak at Clemson, it took me two seasons before I could make it up and be where I want to be, now at PSU, I just got hit by a nullified recruiting sessions. Wasn't the only one in the big 10, Purdue was, Michigan to some extent too. Probably a bad recruits generation season... Now, I think Ees have to declare so the teams can plan ahead. Building a team will still be pretty tough without the unknown that Ees bring to the table.
2/12/2017 8:58 AM
12 Next ▸
no word on earlier EE announcement, months passed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.