Eliminating New Coach Sign Up period Topic

I just sent this ticket to WIS - what do you guys think?

I have a suggestion. It will help your revenues, and just makes sense. Why not combine the new coach signups with the job change periods? Basically do away with the new coach sign up period. It is a pause in the game for a lot of players that are ready for the next season. But the biggest advantage to the change would be that it would allow new coaches to recruit in the second session to start building their team, instead of having to rely on the sim to finish recruiting. It gives them "some" ownership of their new team. By deleting the two day new coach sign up period from the calendar, you turn the worlds over two days faster, which would increase revenues by about 4% to 7%, since people will be paying for a shorter time period, while still getting the full value of what they are paying for. It would also be nice, once a coach signs up for a team, if they could at least see the team for the rest of the year, even if they could not do anything with it.
2/11/2017 10:12 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 2/11/2017 10:12:00 AM (view original):

I have a suggestion. It will help your revenues, and just makes sense. Why not combine the new coach signups with the job change periods? Basically do away with the new coach sign up period. It is a pause in the game for a lot of players that are ready for the next season. But the biggest advantage to the change would be that it would allow new coaches to recruit in the second session to start building their team, instead of having to rely on the sim to finish recruiting. It gives them "some" ownership of their new team. By deleting the two day new coach sign up period from the calendar, you turn the worlds over two days faster, which would increase revenues by about 4% to 7%, since people will be paying for a shorter time period, while still getting the full value of what they are paying for. It would also be nice, once a coach signs up for a team, if they could at least see the team for the rest of the year, even if they could not do anything with it.
Love it.

The push back you will probably get is that they wanted to change it so you could get a feel for the game before being thrust into scouting/recruiting. Is it the biggest deal in the world? IMO, no. But that's probably why they won't do it.

2/11/2017 10:39 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
For HD, they could make a ton more money automatically 4% to 7% more. It's one of the sucky things about taking over a new team if you sign up for a new world. Plus, when you look at teams, if you sing up for a new team before the end of the season, it says how many seniors it has currently, which does no good because they are gone once you take the team over. You really want to see the number of juniors so you'll know how many openings there are. I made that mistake with Johns Hopkins - thought I'd have a ton of scholarships, but in reality I had zero.
2/11/2017 11:41 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 2/11/2017 11:41:00 AM (view original):
For HD, they could make a ton more money automatically 4% to 7% more. It's one of the sucky things about taking over a new team if you sign up for a new world. Plus, when you look at teams, if you sing up for a new team before the end of the season, it says how many seniors it has currently, which does no good because they are gone once you take the team over. You really want to see the number of juniors so you'll know how many openings there are. I made that mistake with Johns Hopkins - thought I'd have a ton of scholarships, but in reality I had zero.
I think it is a great idea to make new coaches sing the school's alma mater or fight song in order to qualify

Hail to the victors.....oh maryland.....on wisconsin....hail hail for ole....
2/11/2017 11:51 AM
I always thought a really cool, but probably very impractical idea in terms of feasibility would be to form a world where every coach was at their real life alma mater. If you could get the athletic departments at each school to participate by giving them free seasons, that would be really fun to watch.
2/11/2017 11:58 AM

+1
2/11/2017 11:59 AM
Great idea!

Now cue coachspud to come in and explain how this change would be welfare for DI elites in 3.....2.....1......
2/11/2017 8:59 PM
Implement chapel's idea?
Votes: 34
(Last vote received: 2/13/2017 2:48 AM)
2/11/2017 9:01 PM
Totally agree
2/11/2017 9:56 PM

"But the biggest advantage to the change would be that it would allow new coaches to recruit in the second session..."

One of the biggest whines in the forums is how difficult it is for experienced coaches to learn how to recruit in the second period. (Well, that's a sanitized version -- they don't own their own failure, they blame the game). Either way, you now propose throwing newbies into the deep end? Bwahahahahaha. That doesn't seem to be doing them any favors, does it?
2/11/2017 11:56 PM
I think this would be a great idea.

However, would you have new coach signups and the job changes start at the same time? Or would you give job changes like a day headstart?
2/12/2017 1:32 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 2/11/2017 11:56:00 PM (view original):

"But the biggest advantage to the change would be that it would allow new coaches to recruit in the second session..."

One of the biggest whines in the forums is how difficult it is for experienced coaches to learn how to recruit in the second period. (Well, that's a sanitized version -- they don't own their own failure, they blame the game). Either way, you now propose throwing newbies into the deep end? Bwahahahahaha. That doesn't seem to be doing them any favors, does it?
ultimately, do you think there is much difference between flailing at the second recruiting session vs letting the sim recruit junk you'll have to cut anyway? worst case you don't know what you're doing and you end up with players that are still no worse than what the sim hands you, really, right?
2/12/2017 8:47 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 2/11/2017 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Great idea!

Now cue coachspud to come in and explain how this change would be welfare for DI elites in 3.....2.....1......
Nailed it!
2/12/2017 8:58 AM
Posted by Benis on 2/12/2017 8:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by snafu4u on 2/11/2017 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Great idea!

Nailed it!
No, not actually. You both missed the point entirely, but that is exactly as expected from you trolling me. BTW, if you have nothing to say, you could always try not posting instead of posting another stupid cartoon. Those stupid cartoons make you look, well, stupid.
2/12/2017 11:31 AM
12 Next ▸
Eliminating New Coach Sign Up period Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.