Cutting/Rescinding Scholarships, Rep and Recruitng Topic

I currently sit at an A+ rep. Do you lose 2/3rd of a grade for every person that leaves or one of your recruits that you cut?

If the above statement is true, has anyone had any negative effects recruiting with a C+ rep in 3.0? What about recruiting with A- rep? Any noticeable effects?

Also, exactly when do you get your reputation repaired? At what point during the season?

I have a decision to make whether to cut and sign a player in the morning. Trying to weigh the options.

I'm probably going to be staying at my school for a while, so reputation won't be a factor with seeking jobs.
3/17/2017 12:59 AM (edited)
I don't know the answer to your questions but a bird told me there is a certain A+ school in Southern CA (who just had 2 EEs last post-season) that is lurking off the bottom of the consideration list on a certain recruit in Phelan with an already processed schollie offer...

Just thought I'd let you know
3/17/2017 9:57 AM
WIS really, really needs to fix this. It is definitely kind of you to tell him, but it is ridiculous that UCLA and Wake Forest have an (unintentional I think) advantage in 3.0 that teams like Alabama and Duke don't have. Just allow for scrolling.
3/17/2017 12:51 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 3/17/2017 9:57:00 AM (view original):
I don't know the answer to your questions but a bird told me there is a certain A+ school in Southern CA (who just had 2 EEs last post-season) that is lurking off the bottom of the consideration list on a certain recruit in Phelan with an already processed schollie offer...

If tigerpark posted this, people would be all over him, and rightly so.
3/17/2017 2:50 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/17/2017 2:50:00 PM (view original):

I'm just providing information to wizard that should of been available to him except for a design flaw in the way WIS decided to first limit the consideration list to 10 and secondly to list them alphabetically for schools at the same interest level.

I didn't tell him what to do (either cut him or stand pat) no do I have any expectation for him to listen to what I said (nor do I expect any consideration otherwise) and I posted in a public forum for all to see (rather than tell him this in a private site-mail).

3/17/2017 3:42 PM
And it was posted here on the forums for anyone to read. Youre fine Budd.
3/17/2017 3:57 PM
I don't see the problem but just because it's in the forums doesn't mean "it's fine."

We've discussed this repeatedly but the percentage of people who read/post in the forums isn't an overwhelming number. Nor is it a number we know.
3/17/2017 4:00 PM

Obviously you didn't read the fair play guidelines. No rules were broken.
3/17/2017 4:10 PM
One minor thing I just remembered is back in 2.0, if you cut someone from the existing roster, there is a slight chance that another player will quit the team in a show of solidarity for a teammate. Don't know if that has changed in 3.0 or if the chance increases based on whether you recruited the player or if it was Simmy (I haven't seen a post in the forums pointing this out since 3.0 was rolled out).

[Edit] Yep, still in the new 3.0 FAQ:

Q: I'd like to rescind a scholarship from one of my returning players - can I do that?
A:

Yes, a player's scholarship can be rescinded anytime after the conclusion of the job change period, and prior to signings starting during the following recruiting period. Note that you must have seasons remaining on your account before you can rescind a scholarship. Simply click on 'rescind scholarship' next to the player's name in the coach's office.

Keep in mind that rescinding a scholarship of a player who you signed for no fault of the player may make recruiting for your school more difficult in the future, as no kid will want to play at a program which isn't loyal to its players. You do not receive any additional recruiting money when you rescind a scholarship. Also, cutting a player could cause other players to leave as well.

3/17/2017 4:26 PM (edited)
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/17/2017 4:10:00 PM (view original):

No need to go all defensive. Discussing a particular recruit actually is against the rules as WIS has said, but as seen in the tigerpark case, WIS doesn't enforce their rules. You're safe, for now.
3/17/2017 4:33 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 3/17/2017 4:33:00 PM (view original):

No need to go all defensive. Discussing a particular recruit actually is against the rules as WIS has said, but as seen in the tigerpark case, WIS doesn't enforce their rules. You're safe, for now.
And what is the name of this recruit? I must have missed it.
3/17/2017 4:59 PM

Ok. Have a nice day.
3/17/2017 5:01 PM
Posted by Benis on 3/17/2017 4:59:00 PM (view original):

I was going to ask Spud the definition of "particular", but figured it was a waste of my time.
3/17/2017 5:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by thewizard17 on 3/17/2017 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/17/2017 4:59:00 PM (view original):

I was going to ask Spud the definition of "particular", but figured it was a waste of my time.
I apologize for using too big words for you.
3/17/2017 6:29 PM
12 Next ▸
Cutting/Rescinding Scholarships, Rep and Recruitng Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.