Goes EE when not on the Big Board Topic

bunches of on the fence guys on the board dont go EE (have not checked whether any likely goes didnt) - and I lose a guy who wasnt on the Board at all

hard to plan for this - painful.
1/6/2018 7:53 AM
And needs to be fixed. Don't get me started on ees... My whole Clemson team has had hell with ees
1/6/2018 8:16 AM
Cmon it’s an excellent way to **** off your customer base
1/6/2018 9:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mullycj on 1/6/2018 9:01:00 AM (view original):
Cmon it’s an excellent way to **** off your customer base
It keeps the whiners happy.
1/6/2018 9:25 AM
yeah the off the board guys suck. i lost an off the board soph 2 seasons ago in tark, and it completely tanked my season. no way to prepare for that--usually you have a high chance at retaining sophs that are on the board!
1/6/2018 9:54 AM
That never happens in college basketball. Not
1/6/2018 1:25 PM
as a matter of game play, the big board helped a lot

with limited ability to replace EEs in the second phase of recruiting it is especially important

when a kid goes who wasnt on the board at all it is really bad as a matter of game play
1/6/2018 1:37 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mamxet on 1/6/2018 1:37:00 PM (view original):
as a matter of game play, the big board helped a lot

with limited ability to replace EEs in the second phase of recruiting it is especially important

when a kid goes who wasnt on the board at all it is really bad as a matter of game play
Its bad gameplay. Period.
1/6/2018 2:02 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/6/2018 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bathtubhippo on 1/6/2018 9:54:00 AM (view original):
yeah the off the board guys suck. i lost an off the board soph 2 seasons ago in tark, and it completely tanked my season. no way to prepare for that--usually you have a high chance at retaining sophs that are on the board!
Not to split hairs, but it really depends on where he is on the board. Sophomores can be “likely going”, “on the fence”, or “likely staying”. The ones who are “likely going” are not, to my knowledge, less likely to go just because they’re sophomores.

The big problem is people’s expectations and misunderstandings, not the function of the system itself. People continue to look to the big board, rather than their own evaluation of a player’s standing, to tell them if he’s a risk to leave early or not. That’s a mistake. If you’re at a level where you’re recruiting elite players, you’re advanced enough to make your own determination of whether he could possibly leave early, or not. My Naismith UV team (as pkoopman) has two players who could definitely leave early, though they are not currently on the big board. I know they can leave early, and am preparing for the possibility, because their attributes are in line with players who typically consider leaving early: a number of core attributes in the 90s, LP/PER combo at or above 145 or so, that sort of thing.

If youre surprised by a player leaving early, you either failed to properly evaluate him, or you failed to understand the system properly. User error, in either case. And of course it sucks. It’s supposed to. That’s the game. Elite commodities are volatile.
Shoe : sometimes I feel like you are just ... babbling
1/6/2018 2:04 PM
Guy not on big board leaves. #1 guy on big board stays. Makes sense to me!
1/6/2018 2:04 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/6/2018 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Not to split hairs, but it really depends on where he is on the board. Sophomores can be “likely going”, “on the fence”, or “likely staying”. The ones who are “likely going” are not, to my knowledge, less likely to go just because they’re sophomores.

The big problem is people’s expectations and misunderstandings, not the function of the system itself. People continue to look to the big board, rather than their own evaluation of a player’s standing, to tell them if he’s a risk to leave early or not. That’s a mistake. If you’re at a level where you’re recruiting elite players, you’re advanced enough to make your own determination of whether he could possibly leave early, or not. My Naismith UV team (as pkoopman) has two players who could definitely leave early, though they are not currently on the big board. I know they can leave early, and am preparing for the possibility, because their attributes are in line with players who typically consider leaving early: a number of core attributes in the 90s, LP/PER combo at or above 145 or so, that sort of thing.

If youre surprised by a player leaving early, you either failed to properly evaluate him, or you failed to understand the system properly. User error, in either case. And of course it sucks. It’s supposed to. That’s the game. Elite commodities are volatile.
Sometimes?
1/6/2018 2:09 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/6/2018 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Guy not on big board leaves. #1 guy on big board stays. Makes sense to me!
It makes sense that it can occasionally happen that way, unless you expect the Big Board to tell you exactly what’s going to happen. If that’s your expectation, you’re not doing it right.
1/6/2018 2:10 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/6/2018 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 1/6/2018 2:04:00 PM (view original):

Sometimes?
It’s all about expectations. For example, I don’t expect either of you to magically raise your level of comprehension, so this kind of dumbassery isn’t particularly upsetting to me.
1/6/2018 2:11 PM
1234 Next ▸
Goes EE when not on the Big Board Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.