16 x 16 - Version 22 Topic

It's been a long time since I've run this. It's time to bring it back. No specifics on rule variations yet. I am tied up both this weekend and next weekend, but after that, I should have some time. Sign up now to reserve a spot.
3/3/2018 9:40 AM
Owner List (Nominated Player)

1. schwarze (Orel Hershiser)
2. joerat1 (Billy Williams)
3. mllama54 (Warren Spahn)
4. Donburgh (Craig Biggio)
5. NebHusker (Derek Lowe)
6. Chisock (Willie McGee)
7. shysters3 (Juan Uribe)
8. cholatse (Al Simmons)
9. redcped (Arthur Rhodes)
10. slainte (bob Friend)
11. alice (Andres Galarraga)
12. good_beef (Tim Foli)
13. pedrocerrano (Earl Whitehill)
14. njbigwig (LaTroy Hawkins)
15. osbaseball08 (Jason Kendall)
16. calhoop (Willis Hudlin)

Wait List
1. ff09

Sitemail List:
alice; Chisock; cholatse; Donburgh; firesalt; good_beef; joerat1; mllama54; NebHusker; njbigwig; osbaseball08; pedrocerrano; redcped; schwarze; shysters3; slainte
3/26/2018 11:30 AM (edited)
16 Players, 16 Seasons, Version 22
$120M Salary Cap
Seasons: 1920-2017
NEW BLACKLIST -- Only players that made the playoffs are blacklisted (see below)

PLAYING TIME RULE --> YOU MUST USE YOUR NOMINATED PLAYER
He must meet or exceed his AB or IP to be playoff eligible*.

This is a 16 team league. Each owner will nominate 1 player that has played 16 seasons* or more in their career. Once all 16 players are announced, a draft order will be determined and each owner will draft a different season of each player nominated to be on their team. So all 16 teams will own the same 16 players, but each with a different version of that player. The other 9 rosters spots will be filled with teammates of your 16 drafted players.

* Note that if a player played 15 years, but played for 2 different teams in one season, that counts as 16 (you'll understand why after reading the remaining rules ). To determine number of player seasons, choose Pos = ALL, Min Games = 0, Check "Include Secondary Positions" and set Season Type = Full/Combined. Both teams of a multi-team player can be drafted (but you must choose the partial or combined season). The partial and combined season from the same team cannot be drafted.

A standard lineup will be used for nominations so we'll need C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF and 8 pitchers (at least 4 SP & 2 RP). For players who played more than one position, there will be some leeway on which position he qualifies at (i.e., Alex Rodriguez can be 3b or ss).

Upon signup, post your nominated player in the forum and site-mail me which of his seasons you are going to use. I will choose my player after at least five players have been selected. Once all 16 players are chosen, I'll post the seasons selected and the draft order. We'll have a 15 round draft to select the other 15 seasons used for each player. Draft order for each round will be based on the cumulative salary going into that round (lowest salary drafts first).

* PLAYING TIME RULE: The player you nominate must meet or exceed his PA/162 or IP/162 in order to be eligible for the playoffs. If your team makes the playoffs and you fail to meet this rule, the team in your league (AL or NL) with the next best record, regardless of division will advance. Exception: For batters who play 162 games, they automatically qualify as meeting the PA total regardless of what their total is.

Here's where it gets fun
The remaining 9 roster spots must be filled with teammates of your drafted/nominated players. They must be from the same season. No Twisting. Nominated players cannot be used as teammates. If you draft a player season with 2+ teams, you choose which version of that season you want, and can only take teammates from that team. (This is how a player who played 15 years, but had a multi-team season can be allowed. Or similarly, a player who played 14 years, w/ two multi-team seasons is allowed, etc.). There is no limit on number of teammates per drafted player. Many drafted players will not have any teammates rostered. Some will have two or more. Usually, your nominated player will have a few good teammate options.

Salary Cap = $120 million
Seasons - 1920-2017
No AAA
No WW
No DH
No Trades
No Clones
No Injuries
No Live Play
Any stadium
Random alignment

See the NEW blacklist below. The blacklist includes any players taken in any previous 16x16 versions where that team made the playoffs. These players may still be teammates, they just can't be nominated.

BLACKLIST

Catcher
Roger Bresnahan
Tony Pena
Joe Torre
First Base
Norm Cash
George Sisler
Second Base
Julio Franco
Frankie Frisch
Davey Lopes
Red Schoendienst
Third Base
Wade Boggs
Jimmy Dy,kes
George Kell
Shortstop
Dave Bancroft
George Davis
Buck Herzog
Dick Schofield Jr.
Ozzie Smith
Vern Stephens
Outfield
Tom Brown
Cesar Cedeno
Johnny Damon
Tommy Davis
Andre Dawson
Cliff Floyd
George Foster
Dave Henderson
Reggie Jackson
Willie Keeler
Stan Musial
Amos Otis
Babe Ruth
Frank Schulte
Pitcher
Kevn Brown
Jim Bunning
Paul Derringer
Murry Dickson
Moe Drabowsky
Dwight Gooden
Goose Gossage
Bump Hadley
Waite Hoyt
Carl Hubbell
Jason Isringhausen
Todd Jones
Dennis Lamp
Ted Lyons
Bob L. Miller (57-74)
Herb Pennock
Eddie Plank
Dan Plesac
Howie Pollet
Eppa Rixey
Robin Roberts
Red Ruffing
Curt Schilling
Tom Seaver
John Smoltz
Frank Tanana
George Uhle
Fernando Valenzuela
Dazzy Vance
Hoyt Wilhelm
Early Wynn
Tom Zachary
3/12/2018 9:19 PM (edited)
Nominated Players List:
(Bold indicates that the player's nominated season was site-mailed to me)

C - Jason Kendall (16 seasons)
1B - Andres Galarraga (19 seasons)
2B - Craig Biggio (20 seasons)
3B - Juan Uribe (18 seasons)
SS - Tim Foli (16 seasons)
OF - Willie McGee (19 seasons)
OF - Al Simmons (19 seasons)
OF - Billy Williams(16 seasons)
SP - Warren Spahn (21 seasons)
SP - Bob Friend (17 seasons)
SP - Derek Lowe (18 seasons)
SP - Orel Hershiser (16 seasons)
P - Earl Whitehill (17 seasons)
P - Willis Hudlin (18 seasons)
RP - Arthur Rhodes (22 seasons)
RP - LaTroy Hawkins (19 seasons)
3/19/2018 12:48 PM (edited)
Saved.
3/3/2018 9:41 AM
I’m in
3/3/2018 9:41 AM
In please.
3/3/2018 10:49 AM
It's been forever for me also. I'll take a spot.
3/3/2018 9:04 PM
Guess I haven't been around long enough. What does 16 x 16 mean?
3/3/2018 9:15 PM
I'm in
3/4/2018 7:05 AM
And me.
3/4/2018 10:48 AM
Ok, I'll do it
3/4/2018 4:29 PM
I found the old threads, and it looks like a great challenge. You need someone to finish last, so I'll throw my hat in the ring.
3/4/2018 4:48 PM
Count me in. I also found some old threads about it, sounds fun.
3/4/2018 5:02 PM
in
3/5/2018 9:44 AM
123456 Next ▸
16 x 16 - Version 22 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.