D3 on Draft Big Board Topic

I don't come on the forums often so someone may have pointed this out already. A player in D3 is 63rd on the Draft Big Board and will be graduating and most likely drafted. I know D2 players have been drafted but this is the first D3 player i have seen. His name is Kirk Crampton and he plays for Texas, Tyler.
3/22/2018 9:29 PM
What world is this in?
3/22/2018 11:22 PM
Posted by rednu on 3/22/2018 11:22:00 PM (view original):
What world is this in?
Iba
3/23/2018 12:12 AM
Drafted as the #43 PF at 618 overall, now #65 on the Board. Nice job, Coach.
3/23/2018 3:10 AM
Great job recruiting. Hope some NBA GM gives him a shot. He plays with a Chip on his Shoulder, and should be a good fit at the next level.

Seriously, let us know if he gets drafted!
3/23/2018 6:58 AM
What I find surprising is how generally mediocre his stat line looks. I mean it's obviously not bad, but his rebounds are pretty average (not shocking) and his shooting percentages are somewhat below average. Maybe he's just shooting too much for the flex offense?
3/23/2018 7:58 AM
Still is only half way through the season, so he could drop on the Big Board. I'll let you know what happens in the draft.
3/23/2018 9:08 AM
"D3 teams aren't going to get better players w/ 3.0"
3/23/2018 9:17 AM
Posted by Benis on 3/23/2018 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Spud, Shoe or Mike? Just cap D3.
3/23/2018 9:38 AM
Posted by zorzii on 3/23/2018 9:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 3/23/2018 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Spud, Shoe or Mike? Just cap D3.
No. Dumb argument, this player is not evidence of any sort of problem.

His presence on the draft board is inconsequential. It has nothing to do with how much value he adds to his team. He went to a D3 school because no D1 or D2 human went after him very hard. I bet you can figure out why, if you look.

Beyond that, as has already been pointed out, this player’s D3 production is not exactly dominant. He scores a lot, but not efficiently at all. Obviously a function of distribution and 3 point settings, so settle down, Benis. Having a player with a gaudy overall and the LP/Per splits to get on the draft board as a D3 team does not equate to a competitive problem. You still have to use him.

If you want to make the argument that the game would be better served by this type of player going to sim teams or more likely to opt juco rather than dropping down, I’m open to it. But not caps.
3/23/2018 11:26 AM
Why, in your mind, did no D1 or D2 humans go after him? I'm looking at what his initial ratings and (minimum) potentials were and I can't see any reason whatsoever why a D2 school wouldn't have wanted him. He could have had as little as 56 ATH, which is obviously low for that level, but given his combination of offensive, defensive, and rebounding potentials he was obviously going to be able to compensate for that. I've had numerous less desirable recruits get scooped out from under me by ACC schools. And frankly, as a 6th man, he would be a useful contributor even in high D1.

Which brings up what I don't like about the current recruiting system. Somebody earlier congratulated his coach on "good recruiting." To me, you can give some props for aiming high, but overwhelmingly the ability to recruit a player of that caliber in D3 comes down to luck. The guy was a top 50 player at his position, from the continental United States. For him to slip through the cracks with so much high-high potential is a rare event that just happened to break this coach's way this time. But most times you'll just surrender all the resources you've spent on a player like this when D1 comes knocking. That said, I'd fight a D2 to the very end for a player like that unless I had extremely ugly preference match.
3/23/2018 6:31 PM
As an aside (and related to my earlier comment), I do think that team's probably running the absolute worst offense for its current personnel, which is not helping his offensive stats.
3/23/2018 6:35 PM
" And frankly, as a 6th man, he would be a useful contributor even in high D1."

His crappy defense probably scared away a bunch of D1 owners. His ATH/LP both started pretty low. This guy was a pretty good D2 recruit in my opinion.
3/23/2018 8:14 PM (edited)
He obviously would not be a first choice for a good D1 coach. But somebody who lost a battle or 2 at some point could go scouring the recruiting pool and settle on him. The fact that he couldn't sign until the last day leaves tons of room for that.
3/23/2018 8:22 PM
Yeah, I can see that.
3/23/2018 8:24 PM
123 Next ▸
D3 on Draft Big Board Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.