Round 1 Themes, 2018 Topic

$65M: Decade Shuffle
There are ten decades (defined as xx00 - xx09) between 1900 and 1999. You will select six players from four of these decades. No decades that you select can immediate follow or precede another one that you have selected (i.e. if you select the 1920's, you cannot use the 1910's or the 1930's, but you can use the 1900's and/or 1940's).

Your 25th player can come from any year that is not included in a decade you have already selected (i.e. if you used the 1920's, you cannot use any player from 1920 - 1929 as your 25th player). Your 25th player cannot come from a season before 1900 or after 1999.

Other Specifics
Seasons: 1900-1999
DH: No
WW: No
AAA: No
Trades: No
Clones: No
Injuries: Turned On
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined)
Ballpark: Must have been active during the season your 25th player is from
300K Exception: No
Team Name: No restrictions
Division Alignment: Random
5/26/2018 11:18 PM
65M Q&A:
  • Does the 25th player ignore the consecutive decades rule?
    • Yes, your 25th player can come from any decade that you have not previously used, even if that decade immediately follows or precedes another one that you have used.
6/2/2018 1:44 PM (edited)
$90M: Ball in Play
No player on your roster can have a fielding or range rating higher than D+ at any position (both primary and secondary). This restriction does not apply to pitchers. You must play in Coors Field.

NOTE: This league will require more innings than normal leagues at this cap. Please draft accordingly to avoid skewing the results of the tournament. I am reserving the right to send your team back for you to redo if I believe it will cause harm to overall competitive balance.

Other Specifics
Seasons: All
Ballpark: You must use Coors Field
90M Q&A:
  • What about Catcher's Arm Rating?
    • There is no restriction on Catcher's Arm Rating.
5/27/2018 2:16 PM (edited)
$100M: Clone Teammates
Clone any one player as many times as you like, and fill out your remaining roster with his teammates from your chosen years only -- no twisting allowed.

Other Specifics
Seasons: 1920-2017
Clones: No, other than your chosen player
Ballpark: Your park must be one that your cloned player played in during a season of their's that you use
300K Exception: Yes, players must come from seasons you are using clones of your chosen player from
Team Name: Include your chosen player's name
100M Q&A:
  • If the cloned player picked played for two plus different teams in a given year and you roster that season, does that mean that any player that was a teammate of the cloned player at some point in the year is eligible?
    • No, you would need to pick. Whichever version of the player you use is the roster you would have available to you.
  • Do you have to use players from all of your cloned player's seasons or can he be a stand alone in certain years?
    • No, there is no restriction on the distribution of the teammates you choose to use.
  • What stadium should I use if there are none available from the years I chose for my player?
    • You can use another stadium that your player called home during his career.
6/23/2018 11:49 AM (edited)
$110M: Unique Season Twist
Pick a season. Twist 25 players who are in the WIS database for that season to other seasons. If a player played in your chosen season but did not qualify for WIS, you can not use them. You must twist each of the 25 players to a unique season. No players can come from your chosen season.

Other Specifics
Ballpark: Your park must have been active during your base season
Team Name: Include your base season
5/26/2018 11:20 PM (edited)
110M Q&A:
  • Does you mean, after twisting, every player on our roster must come from a different season?
    • Yes. You will have 25 different seasons, with one player coming from each.
  • Do the 25 years need to be consecutive?
    • No, they do not.
6/21/2018 11:30 AM (edited)
$130M: Everybody Plays
No player can have a salary under 2M.

Other Specifics
DH: Yes
Ballpark: Any
5/26/2018 11:21 PM (edited)
130M Q&A:
5/26/2018 11:40 PM (edited)
$255M: Wait & See
You have no roster restrictions for this theme. However, you must use a different season of each of your 25 players for a 110M team in Round 2.

Other Specifics (Same for Round 2)
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined). However, you cannot use the same year in both Round 1 and Round 2 (The Bill Bernhard Rule).
Ballpark: Any, but you must use the same park for Round 2.
Division Alignment: Random for Round 1. Round 2 will be set based on the wins your team had in Round 1.
5/26/2018 11:53 PM (edited)
255M Q&A:
  • How will dynamic salary updates impact Round 2?
    • [EDIT]: Site staff informed me that there will be no dynamic salary updates before Round 2 begins, so this will not be a problem.
  • Will there be a DH in Round 2?
    • All rules, including No DH, are the same for both leagues.
  • Do all of my players need to come from the same season? Can I use players from the same season?
    • There are no restrictions on which seasons of players you can use. You simply need to use different years of the same 25 players you chose for Round 1 in order to create your Round 2 roster.
6/2/2018 1:43 PM (edited)
Posted by ozomatli on 5/26/2018 11:40:00 PM (view original):
255M Q&A:
What is the status of periodical dynamic salary updates with the new management? I cannot find anything about when to expect the next one or how often they will occur.
5/27/2018 12:40 PM
Posted by calhoop on 5/27/2018 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ozomatli on 5/26/2018 11:40:00 PM (view original):
255M Q&A:
What is the status of periodical dynamic salary updates with the new management? I cannot find anything about when to expect the next one or how often they will occur.
They've been put on hold for the time being due to concern by seble about how they were originally implemented. No word on when they will return. If they return before Round 2, you will still need to meet the 110M cap.
5/27/2018 12:52 PM
You should probably confirm that they aren't going to make a salary change before the round 1 final roster deadline. That would be a disaster if that happened.
5/27/2018 1:00 PM
123456 Next ▸
Round 1 Themes, 2018 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.