Covid Stimulus Passes Topic

The vote: 50 "elitist" Democrats for it, 49 "working class" Republicans against. Party line.

So glad I voted for Republicans because of Dr. Seuss!
3/6/2021 5:40 PM
Need more money? Print more money! Works every time!

3/6/2021 6:56 PM
Yeah I know, it's disappointing. I voted for Biden because I was told that Trump was pushing hard for stimulus. Little did I know that Biden would betray me by giving money to Americans!

DAMN YOU, BIDEN!
3/6/2021 7:00 PM
I hate corporations, which is why I hate TARGETed money! VOTE BLUE!
3/6/2021 9:27 PM (edited)
3/6/2021 10:46 PM
Ted Cruz standing on the floor and LYING (again) was the highlight of the day. I’d drop a 50 on pay-per-view to see that scumbag get kicked in the nuts repeatedly by immigrants for an hour.

Republicans = LIES LIES LIES YEAH
3/7/2021 10:34 AM
Posted by tangplay on 3/6/2021 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Yeah I know, it's disappointing. I voted for Biden because I was told that Trump was pushing hard for stimulus. Little did I know that Biden would betray me by giving money to Americans!

DAMN YOU, BIDEN!
Don't you mean loaning money to Americans?

The whole basis of a fiat currency is the ability to pay back what you create. In 10 years, or whatever the average maturation of the bonds sold to fund this massive pile of debt happens to be, we're going to have to pay the money back. With interest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - writing untargeted checks to the vast majority of Americans is one of the worst ways you could spend the money if the goal is to stimulate the economy. Calling it a stimulus is misleading, at best.
3/11/2021 11:58 PM
OK. Many, many economists disagree with you.

May I ask what you would do?
3/12/2021 12:08 AM
Not saying that you have to be wrong, just that your take seems to be the minority opinion.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-poll/bidens-rescue-plan-will-give-u-s-economy-significant-boost-reuters-poll-idUSKBN29R1F5
3/12/2021 12:16 AM
Posted by tangplay on 3/6/2021 7:00:00 PM (view original):

DAMN YOU, BIDEN!
Thank God you are learning

Trump can read Financial statements. Biden doesn't know one from the other.. doing a great job to kill the goose that lays the Golden eggs, though

It is much worse in Canada. Our guy is pi$$ing it away and sent China some money. Funding Huweii for some cause.. only a paltry bill bux though. long story, but this guy is totally clueless. Paying a country not to work is like committing financial suicide, and speaking of that.. numbers have to be way up cuz everyone is depressed and misery index higher than 90 years ago
3/12/2021 7:52 AM
SAVE "Trump can read Financial statements"

So can a lot of folks, but do they KNOW what they really mean??

I'm gonna just pull this out AFTER we have learned (proof positive) positively that Donal J. Trump is/was a total fraud without a whit of business success and acumen. A paper tiger! Stuffed with debt! A failure-----top to bottom at business! One turned down loan away from bankruptcy, AGAIN!!
3/12/2021 8:14 AM
Thx LNF, you are consistent, if not brilliant!
3/12/2021 8:15 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 3/12/2021 8:14:00 AM (view original):
SAVE "Trump can read Financial statements"

So can a lot of folks, but do they KNOW what they really mean??

I'm gonna just pull this out AFTER we have learned (proof positive) positively that Donal J. Trump is/was a total fraud without a whit of business success and acumen. A paper tiger! Stuffed with debt! A failure-----top to bottom at business! One turned down loan away from bankruptcy, AGAIN!!
Media promotes this.. all part of the hate campaign

Let's see how we are doing this time next year.. and I will leave it at that
3/12/2021 8:36 AM
Yeah, I agree LNF. You'll probably find a way to move the goalposts when the economy is booming again.
3/12/2021 8:38 AM
Posted by tangplay on 3/12/2021 12:16:00 AM (view original):
Not saying that you have to be wrong, just that your take seems to be the minority opinion.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-poll/bidens-rescue-plan-will-give-u-s-economy-significant-boost-reuters-poll-idUSKBN29R1F5
TWO TRILLION DOLLARS???!!!

I have questions nobody wants to answer:

WHERE does this money come from?????

2. If there are 280 million taxpayers in the US of A. how much is each person losing???
(close to 4 thousand) but hey.. no big deal. We can just either print more or borrow some more

3. How big is the US national debt today??

Reagan said something we need to remember and believe. He said this:

'Government cannot solve the problem. Government IS the problem' and he was right
3/12/2021 8:43 AM
12 Next ▸
Covid Stimulus Passes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.