Site Performance 2/28 Topic

Update 3/1/24 4:36 PM
We are still monitoring but things look much better. Latency across the site is back to normal levels. HD and HBD should be set to return tomorrow.

I know there is some understandable confusion regarding processes that simmed this morning and how things look for tomorrow. Processes kicked off at normal time for HBD and HD this morning. But the processing times did not improve as expected. So even though a cycle (or partial) processed for the games, I paused and delayed a day. If you had events that processed they will not be replayed tomorrow. This includes games. The game date is merely a label, once a game sims its over. But was easier to just move everyone ahead a day then the confusion of events that were technically 1 day being spread across 2. So some users will have tomorrows games already played. I also know due to the delays some HBD worlds are overdue on some world events to run, so will look into getting those kicked off momentarily.

I will write up a more formal explanation of what exactly happened soon.
I just wanted to give everyone an update, as you may see the site responding faster now.

Regards,
-Chris
WIS

UPDATE 3/1/24 6:43 AM
Unfortunately it looks like the delay in sims was still substantial in production. We unfortunately have decided to yet again postpone events today for HD and HBD. I will provide another update as soon as possible.

-Chris

UPDATE 2/29/24 11:03PM
We are still working tirelessly to get everything back to 100%. The database issue with our cloud provider is not 100% solved. However in the meantime, we were able to introduce some slight improvements that I believe HBD and HD can return to normal programming tomorrow as planned. However, I want to be completely transparent that there will be continued latency, both on the sites and simulations. So for those of you who check within minutes of cycles for results, you may be disappointed. The hope is throughout the day the latency will continue to improve. If it shows the cycles are taking too long and people don't feel they have the time to adequately adjust between cycles, we may look to pause again. Thank you all again for your understanding, and once again my sincerest apologies.

For those of whom were still missing recruiting actions from 2/28 11PM EST cycle, those will be kicked off momentarily

Regards,
-Chris
WIS

2/29/24 1:12 AM
As many have likely noticed, the site is experiencing performance issues and latency. Not only has this impacted our site, but also the services powering our simulations. We were alerted to site latency by users first thing wed morning (2/29) and quickly investigated, and observed site performance degraded as well as simulations running around 100x slower than usual or not at all.

We had previously scheduled hardware upgrades to our database this morning. We were told we might have a slight downtime of up to 10min, but other than that we should observe little change thereafter. This has proven not to be the case.

We are in contact with our cloud provider, and rest assured we are working to get services back to 100%.

The games most impacted have been Hardball Dynasty & Hoops Dynasty. We allowed the simulations and world actions to progress as normal and slowly churn throughout the day as we looked for solutions. This has understandably caused some confusion and frustration.

Hoops Dynasty as of now is completely "caught up" for the day of 2/28. However, due to it completing so late in the evening we have decided to "pause" the worlds and push schedules back a day. All events and games scheduled for 2/29 have been moved to 3/1. Services are still not 100% performant so this will also give us the morning of tomorrow to work through another solution without digging further into a hole, while giving users the chance to set appropriate game plans.

Hardball Dynasty is in a similar state. Anything scheduled for 2/29 will now play 3/1. However there is still a bulk of hardball games that have still not processed. We hope to process these on 2/29.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I promise you all are not the only ones frustrated.

As a token for your misfortune -->

Promocode: SORRY24 for 10% off any product.
(limit 1 per user, cannot be combined with other promos, expires 3/7/24)

Regards,
-Chris
WIS
3/1/2024 4:51 PM (edited)
Site Performance 2/28 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.