The next major update for SimLeagues Football is scheduled for Monday, August 29. On this
date, games will be suspended to allow owners to make adjusments to their teams. Games
will resume with the Wednesday AM games on August 31. On Monday, teams that are in leagues which have
not been scheduled will be sent back to the draft center and will need to rejoin leagues. This
includes Theme Leagues.
- Salaries will be adjusted to better reflect performance in the engine, as well
as the changes in this update.
Depth Chart Changes
- The Depth Chart has been changed to a drop-down list ordering method, similar
to the Gridiron Depth Chart. If the depth is not set at a position, then the engine will pull
from players at that position as it sees fit. Meaning... please, set your Depth Charts!
- A second RB slot has been added, which will be used to pull players for the
RB2 formations, such as the RB2-WR2-TE1 formation. This will affect the substitution
pattern for the RB slots and allow a more traditional Fullback role to be implemented.
- Owners may now set plays for the 2-Minute Offense.
- Added a 4th play slot for each down and distance.
- Removed the 'Red Zone' checkbox from the playbooks and added settings that
allow the owner to adjust their Play Call and Pass Aggressiveness inside their
Own 20 yardline and inside the Opponent 20 yardline. These yardlines are adjustable.
- Fourth Down calls have been adjusted. Owners can set their 4th down preferences
within two adjustable zones on the field. 4th down logic has been expanded to recognize
4th down attempts within Field Goal range, including the goalline.
- A Max FG Range setting has been added to determine the maximum range that
a team will attempt a Field Goal. This works along with the Normal FG Range, which
determines when a team will be considered in FG range for most cases.
- Added 'Always Pass' and 'Always Run' Play Call settings to the Offensive Playbooks.
- Updated the Standard Playbooks, expanding the plays and adding a West Coast playbook.
- Down and distance focus has been split into each offensive formation.
- Added 'Default + Pass' and 'Default + Run' settings to allow more customization
in Defensive Playbooks.
Check here for forums discussion.